The Church of Christ at Blackman began meeting in the late 1800s in the Blackman Academy school building on Manson Pike. On March 13, 1913 the building was destroyed by a tornado, and many of the members dispersed going to Stewart's Creek Church of Christ.
In August 1934 the Blackman congregation was reorganized by E. G. Burgess and Cliff Reeves. They started meeting in the school house on Beasley Road. Preachers have consisted of Brother Graves, Harvey Dodd, Warmuth Peebles, William Potts, Robert Arnold and Leamon Flatt.
On May 26, 1973 Mittie Blackman Zellner deeded the 1.1 acres on the west side of Brinkley Road to the Blackman congregation, and the present brick building was constructed. A brick annex was added on the north side of the building in 1984. In 1987 one additional acre behind the church building was purchased.
The first sermon in the new building was preached by Leamon Flatt. Preachers at the present location have included Leamon Flatt, David Walker, Charles Taylor, Terry Davenport, Joshua Pappas, Darrell Ward, Tim Mitchell, and currently Eric Woodrum.